Fresh and nutritious, with just a touch of spice, this super GreenSkin®️ Avocado salad makes for the perfect lunch or dinner.
- 1 GreenSkin®️ Avocado, sliced into wedges
- 1 bunch curly kale, rinsed
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 1/2 tsp za’atar spice mix
- 2 chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
GreenSkin®️ Avocado dressing:
- 1 small GreenSkin®️ Avocado
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the chickpeas to the tray along with the olive oil, sweet smoked paprika and a good pinch of sea salt. Stir to coat and place in the oven to roast for 25 minutes until crispy. Stir once or twice while baking. Remove from the oven and set aside.
GreenSkin® Avocado dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until it comes together into a smooth dressing.
- Slice the zucchinis on an angle, 3mm thick. Add to a mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Warm up a skillet grill or a BBQ grill to medium heat, grill the zucchini slices for a few minutes until char marks develop. Flip the slices and grill the other sides for a few minutes. Once cooked, add back to the mixing bowl.
- Remove the kale centre stems, roughly chop the leaves into chunky pieces and drizzle over with a little olive oil. Massage the leaves with your hands.
- Add the kale to the warmed up grill, allow to lightly wilt and char for a few minutes all while tossing with tongs. Remove from the grill and add to the mixing bowl along with the grilled zucchinis.
- Squeeze a half of a lemon over the top along with a pinch of sea salt and 1 tsp of za’atar spice mix. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half to reduce the thickness. Brush with a mix of 1 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and 1 1/2 tsp za’atar spice mix. Place on the grill until golden char marks appear, flip and grill the other side. Remove from the grill and slice into 1.5cm wide slices.
- Add the grilled vegetables to a large serving platter, along with the grilled chicken and avocado wedges.
- Add the roasted chickpeas over the top and serve the avocado dressing to the side in a jar.