Impress the guests at your next get together with this stunning cheesecake featuring our beautiful GreenSkin® Avocados.
Prep time: 30 mins
Chill time: 4 hours/overnight
- 1 x 200g plain biscuits (such as Digestive or Marie biscuits)
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbs desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ripe GreenSkin® Avocados, pitted and peeled
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 300 ml double cream
- 500g full fat cream cheese (e.g. Philadelphia)
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2.5 sheets titanium gelatine leaves
Decorative / Styling
- Finely sliced limes
- Edible flowers, such as native violets
- Toasted coconut
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, place the biscuits and pulse to fine crumbs. Add the coconut, pinch of salt, zest of one of the limes and then pour in the melted butter. Pulse until well mixed. Press the crumbs into the base of the tin, using a straight sided / flat bottomed glass to help press and smooth the mixture into the pan. Place in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Bloom the gelatine leaves in cold water for about 4-5 minutes, until softened. Put into a small saucepan over low, gentle heat for about 30-60 seconds, until softened. Place the avocados, cream cheese, vanilla, icing sugar, remaining lime zest and lime juice in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth. Add the gelatine. In an electric mixer, whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the avocado mixture and cream until well combined.
- Pour avocado mixture onto the chilled biscuit base and with the back of a spoon smooth the surface, then cover and chill in the freezer for 1 hour, before refrigerating for another 3-4 hours, or overnight, until firmly set.
To serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin, decorate with lime, coconut and edible flowers.