Adding a GreenSkin® GMax® Avocado to your Asian stir-fries is a complete game changer. This tasty noodle dish can be ready in a flash, making it the perfect mid-week dinner for the whole family.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Assembly Time: 10 mins
- 3 x GreenSkin® GMax® Avocados, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 400gm chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 x 270gm packet of soba noodles
- 1 x small knob of ginger, finely sliced
- 3 x cloves garlic, minced
- 3 x large red chillies, finely sliced
- 4 x shallots or spring onion
- 1 x tsp sesame oil
- 3 x tsp Yakitori Sauce, available at most supermarkets
- Sesame Seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 x small knob of ginger, minced
- 2 x cloves garlic, minced
- 2 x tbsp Yakitori Sauce
Preparing the marinade:
- In an airtight container, combine ginger, garlic and yakitori sauce with the chicken thigh strips and leave to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
Preparing the noodles:
- Cook soba noodles in rapidly boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes (or according to packet instructions) until soft and tender. Strain and rinse under cold water to arrest the cooking. Place in a container and dress lightly with some oil to stop the noodles from clumping.
- When ready to use, simply steep them in some warm water and they are ready to go. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Making your stir-fry:
- The stir-fry process should be super-fast, so make sure all the ingredients are ready to go before you start.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade. Using a wok or large frying pan, fry the chicken pieces on high heat until the chicken starts to develop deep caramel colour. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for a further minute or two.
- Add the noodles, chilli and spring onion and toss through the chicken to combine. Add the Yakitori sauce, sesame oil and coriander.
- Off the heat, gently fold in the Avocado pieces. Mix gently as to not damage the avocado flesh in the process.
- Place in serving bowls and top with extra avocado slices, sesame seeds and more coriander. Serve.
*Chef Tip: Finely slice the chilli and spring onion and place in ice water. They will curl and look great for presentation.