Searching for a crowd-pleasing canapé? Look no further than these special yet super simple finger sandwiches.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 0
- 1-2 GreenSkin® Avocados, halved & pitted, and finely sliced
- 8 slices smoked trout
- 250g goats cheese, softened
- Dill sprigs / micro herbs (such as shiso leaves)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 slices bread, such as white bread thickly sliced, or sliced baguette
- 1 small jar caviar
- Place the goats cheese and lemon in a bowl and mix until soft and smooth.
- Spread two thirds of the mixture onto 4 slices of bread – these will be the sandwich ‘bottoms’. Add the smoked trout slices, placing evenly across the bread slices. Season lightly.
- Spread another very thin layer of the mixture on the remaining 4 slices of bread – these will be the sandwich ‘tops’.
- Half and peel the avocado, then thinly slice it, carpaccio style. Ensure that each slice is relatively even in thickness. Arrange on the tops of the bread, then assemble to make the sandwiches.
- Carefully trim the edges with a sharp bread knife and cut into thirds for finger sandwiches, and then halve again if wanting canapé style.
Place the caviar on top of the sandwiches. Sprinkle with fresh dill / micro herbs and a touch of pepper.