Avocado ON avocado? Yes please! This savoury Avocado Bread by Rainbow Nourishments requires no kneading and no yeast.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50-55 mins
- 1 large GreenSkin® GMax® Avocado, flesh only (~260g)
- 250g dairy-free milk
- 60g olive oil
- 5g lemon juice, optional
- 375g flour
- 30g sugar
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Rolled oats, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line or grease an 8-inch loaf pan.
- Add the avocado to a large bowl. Puree or mash until as smooth as possible.
- Add the milk, oil and optional lemon juice to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, raising agents and salt. Mix and fold until just combined. The mixture should be very thick.
- Scoop the batter into your loaf pan and smooth the surface. If desired, sprinkle with rolled oats.
- Bake the bread for 50-55 minutes or until you can insert a skewer in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature with savoury or sweet toppings.