These delicious salad jars from Rainbow Nourishments use both GreenSkin® GMax® and PurpleSkin® Avocados. They’re fast and simple to prepare and are the perfect on-the-go meal that you can take anywhere.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Roast vegetables and chickpeas
- 2 medium beetroot, peeled and cubed
- ½ whole butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 400g canned chickpeas, or cooked from dried
- Olive oil, as needed
- Avocado cream
- 1 PurpleSkin® Avocado, flesh only
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup quinoa, cooked according to packet instructions
- ½ GreenSkin® GMax® Avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves or finely shredded kale
- 1 tbsp pomegranate arils (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the spice mix. Set aside.
- Scatter the beetroot, pumpkin and chickpeas on 1-2 lined baking trays. Drizzle olive oil and the spice mixture over the vegetables and chickpeas. Toss to combine.
- Roast the vegetables and chickpeas for 10 minutes. Remove the chickpeas from the oven. Roast the remaining vegetables for another 10 minutes or until they are tender.
- To make the avocado cream, add the PurpleSkin® Avocado and lemon juice to a blender or food processor. Blend until it forms a puree. Alternatively, you can mash the mixture with a fork. For a thinner cream, add more lemon juice, oil or water.
- Layer all ingredients in 2 large jars. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days and enjoy.