Bright, healthy and tasty, these brunch crepes certainly tick a lot of boxes! The flesh of the GreenSkin®️ GMax™ Avocados won’t go brown so they add a gorgeous pop of predictably perfect colour. When you’re served these crepes you’ll want to shout ‘Wooh!’
30 minutes plus 20 minutes resting time
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch kosher salt
- 470ml full cream milk or nut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Butter for cooking
- 2 GreenSkin®️ GMax™ Avocados, thinly sliced
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 200g beetroot hummus, store bought (or your dip of choice)
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly shaved
- 1 medium zucchini thinly shaved
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Green micro herbs
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Combine in a blender or food processor the baby spinach, parsley, milk, olive oil and the eggs. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and blend again until the mixture is well combined. Set aside to rest for 20 mins.
- Add the shaved fennel and shaved zucchini to a mixing bowl along with the lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Squeeze the lemon half over the top and toss though. Set aside while the crepes are being made.
- Warm up a heavy base fry pan (cast iron) to medium heat. Add a knob of butter, swirl it around the pan while it melts. Add a good spoonful of batter into the fry pan and swirl the pan again to spread the batter out evenly. Once the crepe starts to lift at the edges (est 1 minute) flip and cook the other side until a light golden colour develops. Remove the crepe from the pan and set aside with a tea towel placed over the top to keep them warm. Cook the remainder of the crepes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add 1 tbsp vinegar. Crack the egg into a cup, gently pour the egg into the boiling water. Poach the egg to your desired liking. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg. Place on a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Spread the beetroot hummus out over a crepe, spoon over the top the shaved salad and top with the poached egg, sliced avocado and a pinch of micro herbs. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.