This stunning dish is the perfect visual treat for entertaining! Our PurpleSkin®️ Avocados are the gorgeous base of this vibrant Mexican salad mix. Served with a spicy homemade sauce like the Smokey Chipotle Sauce featured below – we know you’ll want seconds and thirds!
Serves 4 (8 avocado halves)
- 3 PurpleSkin®️ Avocados
- 1 corn cob
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely sliced and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Smokey Chipotle Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp chipotle spice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Pinch kosher salt
- Corn chips
- Lime wedges
- Extra coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- To make the Smokey Chipotle Sauce, combine all the ingredients into a small food processor and blitz until creamy and smooth. Taste to see if it needs extra lime juice. Set aside.
(This can also be made by hand in a mixing bowl by whisking it all together.)
- Warm grill to high heat. Remove the corn husk and place the corn cob on the grill. Keep rotating every couple of minutes until it is evenly charred. Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly before slicing off kernels and adding to a mixing bowl.
- Add the thinly sliced red cabbage, red onion and the coriander leaves to the corn bowl. Squeeze lime over the top and toss through.
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the seeds and squeeze over lime juice to prevent browning.
- Fill the avocados with the salad, sprinkle over chilli and extra coriander leaves.
- Serve with the Smokey Chipotle Sauce on the side, or drizzled over the top, along with a few wedges of lime.