Full of flavour, take your smashed avo to the next level with this smooth and creamy twist on a brunch classic thanks to the magic combination of PurpleSkin®️ Avocados, feta and mint.
Serves 6 slices
25 minutes plus 20 minutes resting time
- 2 PurpleSkin®️ Avocados, roughly smashed
- 250g frozen broad beans, thawed & peeled
- 3 tbsp marinated goats feta (we recommend Meredith Dairy brand)
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, roughly torn
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- Butter for cooking
- 150g baby tomatoes (optional)
- Extra lemon wedges
To make the flatbread:
- Combine the flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl, once combined add the yoghurt.
- Using floured hands or a spatula bring the dough together into a sticky ball, there is no need to knead this dough. Add a little extra flour to coat the outside of the dough and cover with a plastic wrap and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick heavy base fry pan on medium to high heat. Add a knob of butter to melt.
- On a well-floured surface cut the dough up into 6 pieces.
- Using your hands gently flatten one ball at a time out then roll it out into a rough circle.
- Place it onto the hot fry pan and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes or until it is golden brown and is lifting and creating air pockets. Flip it over and cook the other side for a further minute.
- Repeat the process until all the dough is cooked.
- Combine in a mixing bowl the broad beans, half of the mint leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the avocado, remaining mint leaves and 2 tbsp of the marinated goats cheese. Using a fork roughly mash the ingredients.
- To serve, spoon the avo mash over the top of the flatbread, add the broad bean mixture and finish off with extra marinated goats cheese, a drizzle of the marinating oil, baby tomatoes and a good pinch of freshly cracked pepper.