These PurpleSkin® popsicles have a lovely flavour highlighted by matcha powder and white chocolate. The glucose syrup is added to prevent the popsicle from becoming too icy and makes them perfect for storing in the freezer for up to three months.
Prep time: 15 mins
Freeze time: 4-8 hours
- 2-3 PurpleSkin® avocados, halved, pitted and diced
- 2 tbsp lime
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp glucose syrup
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- White chocolate dip
- 200g white chocolate
- 50-60g coconut oil
- Dried rose petals
- Dehydrated raspberries
- Matcha powder
- Combine all the main popsicle ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. The consistency should be thick, creamy and
- Pour into popsicle moulds, tapping out any air bubbles and freeze. For best results allow them to freeze overnight.
- When ready to eat, make the white chocolate dip.
- Melt white chocolate and coconut oil using the double boiler system. Use a saucepan with approximately two cups of water on low heat. Place a heatproof bowl on top and add the chocolate and coconut oil, stirring occasionally, finishing to make a smooth, thin chocolate sauce.
- Add more coconut oil if it needs to be runnier.
- Pour chocolate sauce into a large cup or mug that is large enough to dip the popsicle in.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Have your chosen garnishes ready, and remove your popsicles from their moulds.
- Dip each popsicle into the cup of chocolate topping and quickly sprinkle with your chosen garnishes.
- Once the chocolate is set, rest on the baking paper while you repeat with the remaining popsicles.
- Serve immediately.
- Keep in a zip lock bag in the freezer for a quick tasty after work/ school snack.
- This also makes a great ice cream if you don’t have popsicle moulds.