As the weather heats up, who doesn’t love a deliciously creamy ice block?!
We’ve taken inspiration from our favourite childhood treats with a popsicle combo that is sure to brighten your day!
This super easy recipe sees creamy Avocado, Strawberries and Raspberries layered to create a treat that not only looks good but is ready to make your taste buds tingle!
A sure-fire winner for little and big kids alike!
10 minutes prep
2 soft ripe PurpleSkin® or GreenSkin® Avocados (peeled and pitted)
1.5 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- Blend the avocados, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract in your food processor until smooth.
- Put aside half of the mixture into a bowl (this will be your green layer).
- Halve the remaining mixture, putting one half in a bowl with the raspberries.
- Add the strawberries to the remaining mixture into your blender and blitz until smooth. (Add another tablespoon of coconut milk if needed). Put aside in a bowl.
- Do the same with your avocado and raspberry mixture and then you’re ready to create your popsicles.
- Using a small spoon, layer the avocado mixture and berry mixtures in an alternating pattern into ice pop moulds, tapping the moulds firmly on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Press wooden ice pop sticks about two-thirds of the way into each popsicle and pop into the freezer overnight.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, run hot water over the outside of the moulds and tug gently on the sticks until they release.