This deliciously simple salad is a lifesaver of a meal, packed with everything your body needs as well as all the supplementary goodness to absorb it.
This salad is a pathway to contentment.
Perfect any time of the day or night, it’s a half hour feast that will hit the spot.
10 minutes prep
20 minutes cook
3x GreenSkin® or PurpleSkin® Avocados – Firm Ripe
2 cups of Baby Spinach
1 cup of Mizuna (or rocket as an alternative)
2 bunches of Broccolini
1 Jap Pumpkin cut in 12 wedges, seeds cleaned with skin left on
Salt and Pepper to season
Spray Coconut Oil
1 cup Quinoa
1 cup of Water
1 cup of Bone Broth
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Unless you’re sure you have purchased rinsed Quinoa, rinse it thoroughly in a fine strainer to remove the skins. The skins are what make Quinoa taste bitter.
Drain the Quinoa and pat dry with paper towel to remove residual bitterness
The Pumpkin and Quinoa can cook at the same time giving them time to cool while the Salad is prepared.
- Pre heat an oven to 250º C
- Line a tray with baking paper and place wedges skin down.
- Spray each wedge well with oil then season with Salt and Pepper.
- Bake the Pumpkin for 20 minutes or until golden and soft.
- When the Pumpkin is done, set it aside to cool.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil on a medium heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat progressively and maintain a simmer for about 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and cover for another 5 minutes
- Fluff with a fork and leave uncovered to cool.
- Halve the GreenSkin® or PurpleSkin® Avocados, remove seed and skin.
- Cut the GreenSkin® or PurpleSkin® Avocados into slices longways and set aside.
- Combine the salad leaves, rinse, dry and set aside.
- Prepare two saucepans of boiling water.
- Use one to boil the Eggs semi soft inside – set aside in a bowl of cool water.
- Shell the boiled Eggs once cool enough.
- Use the second lot of water to steam the Broccolini.
- Begin with a bed of Quinoa, be generous, there’s plenty.
- Divide the Broccolini and pumpkin evenly across the six plates.
- Partly break the peeled boiled egg as it is plated.
- Add half of a GreenSkin® or PurpleSkin® Avocado
- Sprinkle the greens across the top.
- Season with your favourite oil and balsamic, salt & pepper