Healthy snacking that is SO deliciously simple.
The secret to this one is to make sure you have Soft Ripe PurpleSkin® Avocados. Don’t be tempted to use a Firm Ripe PurpleSkin® Avocado as firmer fruit tends to come out slightly bitter.
The perfect Baked Avocado Chips will come from avocados that are softer than Firm Ripe but not yet falling apart.
5 minutes prep
15 minutes cook time
3 PurpleSkin® Avocados – Soft Ripe
2 tbsp Plain Flour
2 tbsp Milk
2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup Parmesan
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Chilli Powder (if you like a bit of spice in your life)
1 can Coconut Oil Spray
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C
- Halve your PurpleSkin® avocados and remove the stone. Halve each half, remove the skin then halve each wedge again. You should get 8 chips per avocado.
- Set up 4 stations:
Flour, Garlic Powder and 1/4 teaspoon Salt (mix)
Egg and Milk (whisk together)
Breadcrumbs, Parmesan (grate as finely as possible), Smoked Paprika, Chilli and 1/4 teaspoon Salt (mix)
A suitably sized baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a fork, each wedge should be completely covered at each of the stations, especially the breadcrumbs; dust in the flour, dunk in the egg, cover in breadcrumbs and then place in the baking tray.
- When all chips are done, give them all a good spray of oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping them roughly halfway through – and giving them another spray of oil if necessary
- WATCH carefully – golden brown breadcrumbs make the ideal chip
- Add a sprinkle of salt when they come out, allow to cool slightly, and serve with Aioli