Another deliciously simple meal for when you need some time back…
The avocado provides a great boost of the B-vitamins and fibre while offering a smooth creaminess. One cup is all you’ll need to stay warm and toasty this winter.
5 minutes prep
10 minutes cook time
2 PurpleSkin® or GreenSkin® Avocados
1 Brown Onion, diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon All Spice
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 Bay Leaf
1L Chicken Stock (Vege stock if you prefer)
1 cup Creme Fraiche (or sour cream)
8 Basil leaves
Lemon Juice to taste
6 Pancetta slices (optional)
- Using ½ tablespoon of oil, cook the garlic and onion until golden, stir in the All Spice and Smoked Paprika and place into blender.
- If using Pancetta, cook off in the same pan and set aside.
- Add the remainder of the oil, PurpleSkin® or GreenSkin® Avocados, coriander, and half of the chicken stock to the onions and garlic in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the remainder of the stock to a simmer then add to the blender. Blend briefly to ensure consistency then return to saucepan.
- Add Bay Leaf and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Lemon Juice to taste.
Serve with Crème Fraiche, Pancetta, and a sprig of Basil.