Possibly THE best way to beat afternoon-itis is with CHOCOLATE… right?!
Good, healthy CHOCOLATE.
Deliciously, simple CHOCOLATE.
This CHOCOLATE is perfect for morning or afternoon tea, snacking through the day.
Our GreenSkin® and PurpleSkin® CHOCOLATE truffles are just heavenly!!
10 minutes prep
2 hours to chill
3 GreenSkin® or PurpleSkin® Avocados – Soft Ripe
1/4 cup Peanut Butter (feel free to try other nut butters too)
4 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Extract
1/2 cup Cacao Powder (Cocoa is fine but it has added sugar)
1/2 teaspoon ground Coffee (finely ground espresso)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup shelled Pistachios
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Halve your GreenSkin® or PurpleSkin® avocados and remove the skin and seed.
- Blend the Avocado, Peanut Butter, Vanilla Extract and Maple Syrup until smooth
- Add Cacao, Coffee and Salt and blend for perfect consistency
- Place in the freezer until firm (2 hours)
- Make Pistachios granular with a food processor, blender or rolling pin
- Stir the Pistachio and desiccated Coconut together to create a consistent ‘powder’
- Remove truffle mix from the freezer and roll into balls 2.5cm (1 inch) in diameter
- Coat the balls in the pistachio & coconut powder
For the best results store in the refrigerator AND be sure to share.