Take your breakky omelette to the next level by adding a PurpleSkin® Avocado. The creamy flesh of PurpleSkin® Avocado perfectly complements the veggies and spicy relish for a breakfast that will keep you going all day long.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5-10 mins
- 1 PurpleSkin® Avocado, peeled & thinly sliced
- 6 free range eggs
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 corn on the cobb, kernels removed
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp shredded Tasty cheese
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp butter
- Olive Oil for frying
- Salt & pepper
- 1 quality jar tomato & chilli relish
- On a medium heat in a non-stick pan, sauté the capsicum, corn, tomato and onion until coloured and starting to soften. Season with salt & pepper, add some of the chives and set aside until ready to assemble your omelette.
- Whisk 3 of the eggs loosely in a bowl and set aside until ready to cook.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat some olive oil and a teaspoon of butter. Once the butter is foaming, add the beaten egg mixture and stir and move the mixture around until light ribbons of set egg start to form, covering the base of the pan. Season with salt & pepper. You will see the egg starting to set. At this point, add half of the shredded cheese covering most of the surface of the egg. Add half of the capsicum, corn and tomato mix to the centre of the omelette and fold half of the set omelette over to form a half-moon shape.
- Gently remove the omelette from the pan and arrange it on a serving plate with sliced PurpleSkin® Avocado and tomato relish. Garnish the omelette with remaining chopped chives and serve. Repeat the process with remaining ingredients to make a second omelette.