These delicious canapés are an entertainer’s dream, perfect for a side or small bite.
You can save time and prep these in advance as the diced GreenSkin®️ Avocado won’t go brown.
Serves 3-4 (makes 8 lettuce cups)
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves, rinsed
- 2 GreenSkin®️ Avocados, cubed
- 16 cooked prawns, shelled
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 60g vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 long red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dried shallots
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small jar, place the lid on and shake well. Depending on the type of peanut butter being used, if it’s too thick add a little extra lime juice or mirin.
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine in the mixing bowl the shredded carrot, thinly sliced cucumber, prawns, bean sprouts, thinly sliced chilli, as well as the mint and coriander leaves.
- Divide the mixture between the 8 lettuce cups.
- Add the cubed avocado, dividing equally between the lettuce cups.
- Sprinkle over with the roughly chopped peanuts and dried shallots.
- Serve with the lime wedges and the peanut dressing on the side.